Glistening Body Oil
Give the gift of healthy bronzed looking skin with this easy-to-make body oil. It has been shared with us by Nicky Gordon from her book The Beauty Mix. The vegetable oils will condition the skin while the micas will impart a golden hue and a glistening golden shimmer.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Can be made without: Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
- sweet almond oil - 50g (*can use an alternative liquid oil)
- jojoba oil - 35g
- castor oil - 25g
- gold mica - 1/4 tsp
- gold mica - 1/8 tsp, Aztec
- Vitamin E oil - 1g
- frangipani oil - 1g
- jasmine essential oil - 1g (can be substituted for 1g of myrrh oil)
- Place almond oil (50g), jojoba oil (35g), castor oil (25g), gold mica (1/4 tsp), aztec gold mica (1/8 tsp), vitamin E oil (1g), frangipani oil (1g) and jasmine essential oil (1g) into the bowl. Blend Speed 5 / 10 seconds.
- Using a funnel transfer into a bottle with a pump dispenser.
- Shake very well before each application. Use as much as needed and rub evenly into skin.
Note: Mica is a naturally occurring mineral derived from a group of silicate compounds and is used to colour cosmetics and give a sparkling lustre. They reflect light away from the skin giving a smooth, radiant appearance. For this recipe you can choose any combination of micas, though bronze and gold pigments work best to give skin a natural sun kissed appearance.