Ginger Spiced Oat Cookies
A delicious little cookie that requires just a handful of everyday ingredients. We think these are a great addition to the lunchbox or the picnic basket. Increase the ginger to suit your tastes.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A very easy and quick recipe that was made using staples in the cupboard. Really yummy little snack." - Tammy
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 10-12 minutes
Makes 30 small cookies
Can be frozen
You will need:
2 baking trays
- honey - 90g
- butter - 100g, cubed
- ginger - 1.5 tsp, ground, or more to taste
- egg - 1
- plain flour - 240g
- oats - 60g, rolled
- brown sugar - 50g
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Add honey (90g), cubed butter (100g) and ground ginger (1.5 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 30 seconds.
- Add the egg (1) to the bowl. Mix Speed 3 / 30 seconds.
- Add the plain flour (240g), rolled oats (60g), brown sugar (50g), baking powder (1 tsp) and salt (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix on Reverse+Speed 3 until just combined.
- Remove the mixture from the bowl and roll into 30 small balls.
- Place the balls on the baking tray, leaving space between each one as they will grow in size. Flatten each ball with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Allow to cool completely on the trays before transferring to an airtight container.