Ginger and Garlic Chicken Drumsticks
This is not only a great lunchbox item that is always popular with kiddies, it would also make for a delicious dinner served with rice and stir fry or steamed veggies. If you are using this as a dinner, you can cook vegetables in the steaming attachment while the chicken bakes in the oven.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A flavoursome dish that is easy to prepare and cook!" - Claire
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes + overnight marinating time
Cooking Time 50-60 minutes
Makes 10 drumsticks
Can be frozen
- ginger - 6cm, piece, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 5, peeled
- dried coriander - 1/4 tsp, ground
- honey - 30g
- soy sauce - 60g (*ensure GF if required)
- oil - 30g
- chicken drumsticks - 10 (approx. 1kg)
- water - 500g, hot
- sesame seeds - 1 Tbsp, toasted, to serve
- Add the peeled and halved ginger (6cm piece) and peeled garlic cloves (5) to the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the ground coriander (1/4 tsp), honey (30g), soy sauce (60g) and oil (30g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 9 / 10 seconds. Check the sides and base of the mixer to make sure that the honey has been incorporated. Repeat if required.
- Add the drumsticks (10) to a marinating dish or large snap lock bag. Pour the marinade over drumsticks and coat well. Cover with clingfilm so that the clingfilm is in direct contact with the chicken (or close the snap lock bag). Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- When you are ready to cook, add hot water (500g) to the bowl and add the chicken drumsticks to the steaming attachment lower dish. Put the steaming attachment in place. Program 30 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2. Set aside any remaining marinade from your marinating dish. This will be used as your glaze.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Transfer the steamed drumsticks to a roasting pan and cover with the leftover marinade.
- Bake for 30 minutes, glazing at around 15 minutes (or more often if desired).
- Serve with toasted sesame seeds (1 Tbsp) sprinkled over the top.