We asked in our Facebook group what recipe you all wanted to see, and this was one of the most popular answers. We love a challenge, so we got to creating a delicious ginger ale recipe for you right away! This is sure to be a hit at your next party.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “If you are wanting to impress your guests, then look no further than this refreshing, zingy ginger ale!" - Claire
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Makes approx. 300g concentrate
Can be frozen
You will need:
- ginger - 200g, fresh, peeled and roughly chopped
- lemon juice - 40g
- water - 200g
- caster sugar - 300g
- Serving suggestions:
- soda water - chilled, to serve
- lemon - slices, to serve
- lime - slices, to serve
- If you need to make your own caster sugar, add sugar (300g) to the bowl and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Add the peeled and chopped ginger (200g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the lemon juice (40g), water (200g) and caster sugar (300g) to the bowl. Program 25 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Strain the liquid through a fine sieve to remove the ginger pieces.
- Serve with chilled soda water and lemon or lime slices. Mix the cordial to suit your tastes.