When camping by the sea, one of the most common foods available are prawns. There are so many ways to flavour them for a very simple and quick meal. These are our garlic prawns that we are sure will become your next favourite prawn dish.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Who doesn’t love garlic prawns?! Such a quick and easy marinade, and camping food always tastes better than if you’d made it at home!" - Lou
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 2 hours
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Serves 10 as a starter
Can be frozen
- prawns - 1kg, tails removed and deveined
- Garlic marinade:
- garlic cloves - 6, peeled
- fresh parsley - 2 Tbsp
- chilli - 1, small, mild, roughly chopped
- lime - 1, juice and zest only
- salt - pinch
- pepper - pinch
- olive oil - 100g
- lemon - wedges, or lime wedges, to serve
- Add the garlic cloves (6), parsley (2 Tbsp), chilli (1), lime zest (from 1 lime), salt (pinch), pepper (pinch) and oil (100g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 9 / 6 seconds.
- Add prawns (1kg) to a large marinating dish. Add dressing over the top.
- Marinate for 2+ hours. Keep the zested lime for later in the recipe.
- Turn BBQ or grill plate on high. Place prawns on the grill and drizzle with lime juice (from 1 lime). Cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until cooked through and orange in colour.
- Serve with lots of fresh lime wedges and aioli, if desired.