- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: Serves more than 10
Garlic and Herb Cheese Ball
This is the cheese ball that goes the extra mile – it's absolutely perfect for a large party! As an alternative, you can make two smaller balls, one for the party and one to snack on while you are getting ready for the party! We all need pre-party sustenance to keep us going!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “It tasted amazing. Such a tasty cheese ball, and it would make a beautiful centrepiece to any party." - Kirsty
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes + 30 minutes chilling time
Serves more than 10
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- spring onion - 3, roughly chopped
- fresh basil - 1/2 bunch, leaves only, chopped
- fresh parsley - 1/2 bunch, leaves only, chopped
- fresh dill - 2 Tbsp, leaves
- fresh rosemary - 2 Tbsp, leaves
- cream cheese - 500g, full fat, cubed
- Worcestershire sauce - 40g, *ensure GF if required
- sesame seeds - 2 Tbsp, toasted
- poppy seeds - 2 Tbsp
- Serving suggestions:
- crostini - *ensure GF if required
- bread - toasted, *ensure GF if required
- crackers - *ensure GF if required
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2), chopped spring onions (3), chopped fresh basil leaves (from 1/2 bunch), chopped fresh parsley leaves (from 1/2 bunch), fresh dill leaves (2 Tbsp) and fresh rosemary leaves (2 Tbsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Remove half of the herb mixture and set aside in a small bowl, leaving the other half in the mixer.
- Add the cubed cream cheese (500g) and Worcestershire sauce (40g) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 5 until combined.
- Remove the cheese from the bowl and shape it into a ball.
- To the reserved herb mixture, add the toasted sesame seeds (2 Tbsp) and poppy seeds (2 Tbsp). Stir to combine.
- Coat the cheese ball in the seed and herb mix.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Make your own!
* Make your own Worcestershire sauce with the Worcestershire Sauce recipe from The Make Your Own Bonus Issue.
* Make your own crostini using croissants made with the Croissants recipe from The Easter Issue or the Spelt Croissants recipe from The Baking Issue.
* Make your own crackers with these recipes:
- The Tea Party Issue - Olive Oil Crackers or Rosemary Crackers
- The Lunchbox Issue - Seeded Crackers (GF)
- The Picnic Issue - Lavosh Yeast Free Crackers, Fig and Olive Crackers or Cheesy Flax Crackers (GF)
- The Party Issue - ‘Free From Lots’ Crackers (GF)
- The Easy Issue - Moroccan Seed Crackers (GF)
- The On the Road Issue - Grain Free Crackers (GF)
- The Packed Lunch Issue - Cheesy Crackers or Seeded Polenta Crackers (GF)
- The Snacks Issue - Parmesan Sesame Crackers (GF) or Carrot and Seed Crackers (GF) or Grain Free Cumin Chickpea Crackers (GF)
- The Herb Garden Bonus Issue - Crunchy Thyme Crackers
- The Readers Issue - 4 Ingredient Cheese Crackers
- The Summer Issue - Lemon Pepper Almond Crackers