Garam masala is a versatile blend of herbs and spices from India. It is a great blend to have on hand for curries, adding some extra flavour dimensions without being too overpowering.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Beautiful! It looks and smells just like the garam masala on my spice rack." - Aoife
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 3 minutes
Cooking Time 8 minutes
Makes approx. 1/2 cup
Can be multiplied several times. Fill the bowl only to halfway for best results.
Can be frozen
You will need:
- dried coriander - 3 Tbsp, seeds
- cumin - 2 Tbsp, seeds
- cardamom - 2 Tbsp, seeds
- peppercorns - 2 Tbsp, black, whole
- cloves - 1 tsp, whole
- nutmeg - 1, whole
- cinnamon - 1 quill
- Add the coriander seeds (3 Tbsp), cumin seeds (2 Tbsp), cardamom seeds (2 Tbsp), whole black peppercorns (2 Tbsp), whole cloves (1 tsp), whole nutmeg (1) and cinnamon quill (1) to the bowl. Program 8 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 1.
- Program 1 minute / Speed 10.
- Place into an airtight jar and store for up to 6 months.
Note: Do not freeze this spice blend if it will be used regularly, as the continuous opening of the container can lead to loss of flavour, freezer burn and condensation buildup. Freeze until needed, then store in an airtight jar to use regularly if desired.