Fully Loaded Chunky Beef Chilli Pasta
This hearty dinner is full of flavour and really goes the distance. If yummy beef chilli pasta topped with all of your nacho-style favourites sounds good, give this recipe a try! Instead of pasta, you could also serve the chilli over oven baked potatoes, or as a topping for burritos or nachos.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A really tasty and easy dish! Similar to a slow cooked meal that would normally take 6+ hours. Very versatile and can be used in so many ways. If you like it spicy, just add a little more chilli." - Tammy
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour 10 minutes
Can be frozen
You will need:
- pasta - 600g, rigatoni (*can use GF)
- Chunky beef chilli:
- onion - 240g, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- oil - 30g
- cumin - 1 tsp, ground
- dried coriander - 1 tsp, ground
- paprika - 1 tsp
- chilli powder - 1/2 tsp, or more to taste
- casserole beef - 800g, cubed
- tomato paste - 100g
- mustard - 20g, Dijon
- avocado - 1-2, peeled, stone removed and diced
- tomato - 2, deseeded and diced
- sour cream - 300g (*can omit for DF)
- spring onion - 4, thinly sliced
- cheese - 200g, grated (*can omit for DF)
- Variations / Serving suggestions:
- potato - baked, to replace pasta
- Add the peeled and quartered onion (240g) and peeled garlic cloves (3) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 1 second. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (30g), ground cumin (1 tsp), ground coriander (1 tsp), paprika (1 tsp) and chilli powder (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Add the cubed beef (800g) to the bowl. Program 20 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- Add the tomato paste (100g) and Dijon mustard (20g) to the bowl. Program 40 minutes / 90C / Speed 1.
- Once cooked, shred Speed 5 / 3 seconds.
- Keep warm in the bowl whilst cooking the pasta.
- Cook pasta (600g) according to the packet instructions. Drain once cooked.
- Combine pasta and chilli.
- Serve in bowls and top with toppings of choice, such as diced avocado (1-2), diced tomatoes (2), sour cream (300g), thinly sliced spring onions (4) and grated cheese (200g).
Make your own!
* Make your own tomato paste with the Pizza Sauce / Tomato Paste recipe from The Make Your Own Bonus Issue.