Fully Loaded Beef Nachos
Dinner on the table in under 30 minutes? YES PLEASE! We think the kiddies in particular are going to love these fully loaded beef nachos. Have leftover mince and bean mix? Pop it into a tortilla along with some cheese and salsa, fold in half and toast in a sandwich press for a super easy quesadilla for lunch.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This looked and tasted amazing, and I couldn't believe how easy it was!" - Kirsty
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- corn chips - 200g, of choice
- fresh coriander - leaves, to garnish
- Mince and bean mixture:
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- capsicum - 2, red or yellow, roughly chopped
- oil - 10g
- taco seasoning - 4 Tbsp
- beef mince - 400g, broken up
- red kidney beans - 400g tin, drained and rinsed
- corn - 125g, kernels
- tinned tomatoes - 200g, diced
- water - 40g
- To serve:
- sour cream - *omit for DF
- tomato - diced
- avocado - diced
- cheese - grated (*omit for DF)
- Add the peeled and quartered onion (1), peeled garlic cloves (2) and chopped capsicums (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds, or until it reaches your preferred consistency. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (10g) and taco seasoning (4 Tbsp) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Add the broken up beef mince (400g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add the rinsed kidney beans (400g tin), corn kernels (125g), diced tomatoes (200g tin) and water (40g) to the bowl. Set the internal steaming basket on top of the lid to prevent spatters. Program 12 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Serve the mince mixture over corn chips and top with your chosen toppings.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.
Make your own!
* Make your own corn chips with the Corn Chips recipe from The Fake Out Issue.
* Make your own taco seasoning with the Taco Seasoning recipe from The Make Your Own Bonus Issue or the Taco Seasoning recipe from The 5 Ingredients Issue.