Fruity Apple Porridge
For a wholesome breakfast at home or on the go, try this fruity apple porridge with cinnamon and flaked almonds for a successful start to the day. You can add some sultanas or other dried fruit if you want, and reheat it the next day with some extra milk.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "My boy loved it. He called it yummy apple juice porridge. Coming from my food phobic boy that's a high compliment!" - Janine
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- apples - 2, cored and quartered
- oats - 30g
- milk - 180g (*or DF milk)
- water - 180g (*can halve for a thicker consistency)
- cinnamon - pinch, ground
- honey - 20g
- almonds - 1 tsp, flaked optional (*omit for NF)
- Place the apples (2) in the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oats (30g), milk (180g), water (180g) and cinnamon (pinch). Program 10 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Pour into bowls and serve immediately with the honey (20g) and flaked almonds (1 tsp).