This is a healthy after school or weekend snack for kids and adults alike! It has been shared with us by Georgia Harding from Well Nourished. Just don’t tell everyone about the secret creamy ingredient – avocado! Why include avocado? Avocado is a fibre rich source of potassium and healthy monounsaturated fat (amongst many other things). It’s anti-inflammatory and supports heart, brain and eye health. And for more potassium and plant given goodness, this fruit whip includes banana and anti-oxidant rich berries too. But really, it's just delicious!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This was delicious, nutritious and a hit with the whole family. I was a little worried about the avocado (colour / taste / smell) but no one in my family commented on it. In fact they were surprised it was in there!" - Nicki
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Can be frozen
- avocado - 1, medium or large, flesh removed
- banana - 1, large
- raspberries - 50-100g, frozen, or blueberries or mixed berries
- yoghurt - 200g, full fat, natural or Greek (*use coconut yoghurt or coconut cream for DF)
- rice malt syrup - 20g, or honey, optional
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract, paste or powder
- Protein-boost variations (optional):
- almond meal - 2 Tbsp, or LSA (*omit for NF)
- baby spinach - 2-3 leaves
- Add the avocado (1), banana (1), berries (50-100g), yoghurt (200g), rice malt syrup (20g), vanilla (1 tsp), almond meal (2 Tbsp, if using) and spinach leaves (2-3, if using) to the bowl. Blend Speed 6 / 30 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Serve it in a cup with a spoon. You can add a little milk, coconut or almond
milk if it is too thick or to turn this into a smoothie.