Fruit and Nut Cookies
Fruit and nut combos are always a winner, and these cookies are no exception. This recipe is great to whip up when friends are on their way over. They are sure to impress.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A really quick and easy snack. You can't lose with fruit and nut cookies. I would definitely make them again as I had most of the ingredients on hand. Yum!" - Sherrie
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 15-18 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- butter - 130g, cubed
- sugar - 100g
- vanilla - 2 tsp, extract
- eggs - 2, yolks only
- plain flour - 130g
- almonds - 60g, silvered
- macadamia nuts - 60g, roughly chopped
- dried apricot - 60g, diced
- sultanas - 60g
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Add butter (130g), sugar (100g) and vanilla (2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 3 / 20 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add egg yolks (2) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Add the plain flour (130g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 8 seconds.
- Add the almonds (60g), macadamias (60g), apricots (60g) and sultanas (60g) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 5 / 6 seconds.
- Remove dough from the bowl.
- Roll into 25 balls.
- Place onto tray and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until slightly golden.
- Allow to cool before removing from tray.