Fruit and Nut Chocolate Buttons
We love easy recipes and this is one of them! What we love is you can vary the fruit and nuts used to suit your budget, tastes and what you have on hand. Gift them in a cellophane bag tied with ribbon and a card for an easy, inexpensive gift.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Such a yummy and decadent snack that is great to give as a present or take as a plate to a party. You could easily exchange the nuts and dried fruit for whatever you have on hand, making it a very versatile recipe." - Sharree
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 25 minutes
Cooking Time 5 minutes
Makes 25-30 buttons
Can be frozen
- chocolate - 300g, 80% dark, broken up into pieces (*ensure DF if required)
- cranberries - 30g, dried
- sultanas - 30g
- pistachios - 40g, shelled
- pecans - 5, cut in half
- walnuts - 5, cut in half
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the dark chocolate pieces (300g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 60C / Speed 2.
- Spoon the chocolate out onto the tray into 30 small circles. Be sure to not make these too thin.
- Sprinkle the dried cranberries (30g), sultanas (30g), shelled pistachios (40g), halved pecans (5) and halved walnuts (5) evenly over the circles.
- Allow to set. Leave in the refrigerator until serving or gifting.