Frozen Stir Fry Veggie Bags
It is not uncommon to have excess veggies left over at the end of a week and there is only so much soup one can make. Why not create your own frozen veggie bags to add to your next stir fry? You can use any veggies you like.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This recipe was super speedy and knocked out a good few days of meal prep while using up the vegetables in they drawer that were heading to the south side. Take the veggies out of the freezer, whizz up a stir fry base of onion, ginger, garlic and coriander and start to fry it off. Add the veggies and dinner will be ready before you know it!" -Claire
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 20 minutes
Makes 4 bags. Each bag is for one meal.
Can be frozen
- Pour hot water (500g) into bowl. Program 8 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2, or until Steaming Temperature is reached.
- Meanwhile prepare the vegetables. Slice the zucchinis (2) and carrots (2) into rounds. Chop the baby corn spears (15) into thirds. Chop one head of broccoli into small florets. Top and tail the snow peas (30) to remove the stringy pieces.
- Place the carrot into the steaming attachment lower dish. Program 5 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Add the other prepared vegetables on top of the carrot. Program 5 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2. You are only want to lightly steam the vegetables so they can be frozen. You will finish the cooking process when cooking in the stir fry.
- Allow the veggies to cool.
- Place a mixture of the vegetables into 4 freezer safe bags. Expel all of the air from the bags and seal. Place into the freezer.
- Use these bags as you would frozen vegetables. Pop them into a hot pan, stir and you are on your way!
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites