Frozen Chocolate Margarita
This "far from a traditional" margarita has been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra. It is a luxurious combination of Baileys® Irish Cream and chocolate, making it the ultimate drinkable dessert. Kids will also love it, as it is easily made into a non-alcoholic iced chocolate or mocha! Keep a batch of chocolate ice blocks in the freezer to make this cocktail for those times you need an after dinner sweet treat.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is going down a little too easily! Quick, easy and delicious: great for a hot day celebration! The mocktail version is also great, enjoyed by the whole family!" - Nicki
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Can be frozen
- raw sugar - 30g
- chocolate - 100g, dark, plus extra to serve
- milk - 200g
- ice cubes - 300g
- vodka - 100g
- Baileys Irish Cream - 100g, or coffee liqueur (or cold coffee or milk for a mocktail)
- strawberries - fresh, to serve
- Place sugar (30g) in the bowl. Mill Speed 9 / 10 seconds.
- Add the chocolate (100g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 6 / 8 seconds.
- Add milk (200g) to the bowl. Program 4 minutes / 60C / Speed 3. Freeze into ice blocks.
- Place frozen chocolate blocks, ice (300g), vodka (100g) and Baileys (100g) in the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 9.
- Serve immediately, garnished with shaved dark chocolate or fresh strawberries.