French Hot Chocolate
Hot chocolate is one of the most satisfying afternoon drinks on a cool day. This French hot chocolate really steps it up a notch. The spoonable consistency of this delicious treat makes it almost a dessert and certainly one of the more decadent drinks you will enjoy with your loved ones over the Easter break, and the winter months. Serve it with whipped cream and enjoy!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This recipe was perfect. I had visitors at the time so 6 kids tested it and all gave it the thumbs up. What a wonderful recipe for a cold night as a treat." - Liv
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- cornflour - 25g (*check for GF if required)
- cocoa powder - 10g
- raw sugar - 60g
- chocolate - 50g, dark
- eggs - 2
- milk - 750g
- cream - 20g, whipped (optional)
- Place the corn flour (25g), cocoa powder (10g) and raw sugar (60g) into the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 20 seconds.
- Add the dark chocolate (50g) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 9 / 20 seconds.
- Pour in the eggs (2) and milk (750g) and program 8 minutes / 90C / Speed 4.
- Serve in a mug with a spoon immediately to avoid a skin building up. Decorate with whipped cream (optional).