Fragrant Lamb and Potato Curry
We love that this delicious curry is really created from scratch. Heat and mill the spices for an amazing depth of flavour without adding a tonne of salt andsugar like you would find out of a jar. The potato holds its shape beautifully, while cooking through perfectly.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a tasty meal that will satisfy the family. Even though this recipe has a lot of ingredients, it's not hard. You could freeze this and have it ready for a great go-to meal during the week. And thebest bit is mopping up the "gravy" with some naan bread." - Gail
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour
Can be frozen
- cumin - 3 tsp, seeds
- dried coriander - 3 tsp, seeds
- dried fennel - 1 tsp, seeds
- cardamom - 1, pod
- turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- cinnamon - 1/4 tsp, ground
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- chilli - 1, red, deseeded if you prefer mild
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- ginger - 2.5cm piece, peeled
- oil - 15g
- diced lamb - 800g
- tomato paste - 40g
- vegetable stock - 40g, paste
- yoghurt - 150g, plain (*use thick coconut cream for DF)
- potato - 400g, diced in 1-2cm cubes
- zucchini - 130g, chopped into bite sized pieces
- fresh parsley - flat leaf, or fresh coriander, handful, chopped
- Add cumin seeds (3 tsp), coriander seeds (3 tsp), fennel seeds (1 tsp) and cardamom pod (1) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Stirring Speed.
- Remove the cardamom seeds from the pod and discard the outer shell. Program 1 minute / Speed 10.
- Add turmeric (1/2 tsp), cinnamon (1/4 tsp), onion (1), chilli (1), garlic cloves(2) and ginger (2.5cm piece). Chop Speed 6 / 15 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (15g). Program 3 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap off.
- Add lamb (800g). Program 3 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap off.
- Add tomato paste (40g), stock paste (40g) and yoghurt (150g). Program 20minutes / 90C / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap on.
- Add potato (400g). Program 20 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap on.
- Add zucchini (130g) and parsley or coriander (handful). Program 10 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap off.
- Serve with steamed greens, naan bread or rice.