Fragrant Coconut Chicken Soup
This absolutely delicious and fragrant soup has been shared with us by Sophia Handschuh, the Thermomix Baking Blogger. It is jam packed with wonderful nutrients. Try it if you are short for time and craving something warming and healthy with a beautiful aroma.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A healthy, warming soup for these chilly days. Will definitely be on my meal plan for a while." - Suzanne
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 45 minutes
Can be frozen
- shallots - 75g, peeled
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- lemongrass - 6, fat stalks, cored
- ginger - 40g
- coconut milk - 800g
- chicken stock - 1.2L
- chicken thigh - 300g, diced, or more if you prefer
- kaffir lime leaves - 8
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- chillies - 3-6, red bird's eye
- fish sauce - 80g (*ensure GF if required)
- limes - 2, juice only
- fresh coriander - handful, for serving
- Roughly chop up the shallots (75g), garlic cloves (2), lemongrass stalks (6) and ginger (40g) and place into the mixer bowl. Add coconut milk (60g only). Blend Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- Remove and set aside for later.
- Without cleaning the mixer bowl, add the chicken stock (1.2L) and bring to boil. Program 4 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2, or until boiling.
- Add the reserved paste. Program 4 minutes / 100C / Speed 2. If any of the soup bubbles up onto the lid, turn to 90C.
- Pass the soup through a sieve and return to the washed out mixing bowl. Discard onion / garlic pieces.
- Add the chicken (300g), lime leaves (8) and salt (1/2 tsp). Program 4 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Add remaining coconut milk (740g), chillies (3-6), fish sauce (80g) and lime juice (from 2 limes) to the bowl. Do not allow the liquid to be above the maximum fill line. Program 4 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Carefully pour into soup bowls, garnish with fresh coriander (handful) and enjoy!