These are a staple in our house. I regularly make a double batch and freeze them in single lots. Occasionally I may freeze two together with a little honey or jam between. I simply pull a portion out of the freezer the night before or in the morning and pop it in the lunchbox to thaw. - Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The best pikelets I have ever made. Absolutely delicious, really fluffy and so easy to make." - Karen
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Serves 10-20 depending on size
Can be frozen
- self raising flour - 280g
- sugar - 60g
- milk - 250g
- eggs - 2, large
- vanilla - 2 tsp, extract
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp, finely ground
- butter - 45g, softened
- strawberries - fresh, to serve
- Add self raising flour (280g), sugar (60g), milk (250g), eggs (2), vanilla (2 tsp), baking powder (1 tsp) and salt (1/2 tsp) into bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 20 seconds.
- Add softened butter (45g). Mix Speed 6 / 10 seconds or until just combined.
- Place small spoonfuls of the batter into a greased frying pan on medium heat. Approximately 3 at a time work well, depending on the size of your pan.
- Once bubbles appear on the pikelet, flip over and cook for 30 seconds or until cooked through.
- Serve with fresh strawberries.