- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
Flourless Chocolate Beetroot Tart
Sometimes it is not easy to find a good cake that is fluffy and also gluten free. This flourless chocolate beetroot tart has been shared with us by Sophia Handschuh from Thermomix Baking Blogger. It is like heaven on a dessert plate. You can serve it slightly warm just after you’ve baked it or cold with some fresh Greek yoghurt. It is the perfect dessert for anyone who loves making something sweet but cannot eat gluten or refined sugar.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Lovely, moist and very chocolatey while not too sweet." - Erika
No: Gluten / Dairy
Contains: Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 30-35 minutes
Makes 16 slices
Can be froze
- chocolate - 125g, 70%, or greater dark, small chunks (*ensure DF if required)
- beetroot - 300g, peeled and cooked
- eggs - 4, large
- maple syrup - 40g
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- cacao powder - 30g, raw
- baking powder - 3 tsp (*ensure GF if required)
- sea salt - pinch
- almonds - 125g, ground
- olive oil - 40g
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a 22cm springform pan with baking paper.
- If you need to grind your own almonds, add almonds (125g) and grind Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the chocolate (125g) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Program 3 minutes / 50C / Speed 2, or until melted. Fill into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Add the cooked beetroot (300g), eggs (4), maple syrup (40g) and vanilla (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 30 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the cocoa powder (30g), baking powder (3 tsp), salt (pinch), ground almonds (125g), oil (40g) and chocolate to the bowl. Combine Speed 4 / 20 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean. You can also take it out slightly earlier and serve it as a gooey dessert.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and serve warm or cold.