Yummy. Healthy. Easy. Light. Delicious. This is a simple dish that is perfect for summertime. Get yourself some white fish fillets and you are on your way. Pair with the Chopped Cabbage Salad with Tangy White Sauce for a real burst of flavour!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This was a great dinner option – using the steaming attachment and whisk created a quick and easy all in one dish. I would make this again." - Kristen
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 12 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- white fish fillets - 500g, in 2-3cm cubes
- cumin - 2 tsp, ground
- dried oregano - 2 tsp
- water - 500g, hot
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- tortillas - soft, corn (*ensure GF if required)
- Chopped Cabbage Salad with Tangy White Sauce - (*replace for DF / EF)
- toppings - other preferred
- Add the fish (500g), cumin (2 tsp) and oregano (2 tsp) to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 2.5 / 10 seconds. Transfer the coated fish pieces to the lower dish of the steaming attachment.
- Add hot water (500g) to the bowl. Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 10 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Remove the steaming attachment (being careful to stay away from the steam) and flake the fish lightly with a fork. This will highlight any pieces that haven’t cooked through yet.
- Return the steaming attachment to its place. Program 2 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Remove the steaming attachment from the lid and season the fish well with salt and pepper. Continue flaking with a fork until your desired texture has been reached. Set aside in an insulated server.
- Heat the tortillas through.
- To serve, we recommend layering the tacos with Chopped Cabbage Salad on the base, followed by a layer of fish, followed by some of the salad's Tangy White Sauce on top.