- Prep Time: 10 minutes
This is a delicious warm dip that has a bite to it! The beauty of this recipe is that you can make it as spicy or mild as you like. This is great to serve at parties with a big bowl of corn chips. It's also great served over pasta or a baked potato for an easy dinner.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Back off on the curry powder if you can't handle spicy as this really packs a punch! Also It doesn't taste so much like a dip as it does a meal in itself. Don't try this without water handy! Very tasty dip and would be perfect for a Mexican night." - Sarah
Quick Dinner Option: Add a small tin of drained tuna or leftover chopped chicken to the dip and spoon into vol-au-vent cases.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Makes approx. 1.5 cups
Can be frozen. Thaw and reheat well before serving.
- onion - 1, small, peeled and quartered
- chilli - 1/2, mild, optional
- curry powder - 1.5 Tbsp, good quality, or less for a milder dip
- coconut oil - 10g, or olive oil
- water - 30g
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- Place onion (1) and chilli (1/2) into bowl. Speed 6 / 4 seconds. Scrape down.
- Add curry powder (1.5 Tbsp) and oil (10g) to bowl. Program 4 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add creamed corn (400g), water (30g) and season well with salt and pepper. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving with corn chips or similar.