- Prep Time: 1h 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Serving: Serves more than 10
Fig & Olive Crackers
These delightfully different crackers have been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra from her book Quick Fix: Every Occasion. They rival the gourmet crackers you can purchase at delis - we think you’ll love them!
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 1 hour 10 minutes
Cooking Time 12 minutes
Makes 50 crackers
- figs - 150g, dried, halved and stems removed
- plain flour - 220g
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- olive oil - 35g
- salt - 2 tsp
- sunflower kernels - 20g
- sesame seeds - 10g
- flaxseeds - 10g, or linseeds
- brown sugar - 20g
- olives - 80g, kalamata, pitted
- Add figs (150g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Add flour (220g), baking powder (1 tsp), olive oil (35g), salt (2 tsp), sunflower seeds (20g), sesame seeds (10g), flaxseeds (10g), brown sugar (20g) and water (80g) to the bowl.
- Combine on Speed 5 / 2 seconds.
- Add olives (80g). Program Closed Lid / 1:30 minutes / Kneading Function, or until dough is formed.
- Wrap dough in cling film and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Divide dough into three even amounts.
- Place one portion of dough between two very large sheets of baking paper or a baking mat and use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to 2-3mm thick.
- Remove top pieces of baking paper and place on baking tray. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden and crisp. While still warm, yet cool enough to handle, move to chopping board and use a large knife or pizza cutter to cut into rough squares.
- Discard baking paper and return to oven (turned off) to cool completely. This ensures a very crunchy cracker!
Allow crackers to cool completely, and then transport in a sealed airtight container.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites