Fig and Oat Squares
Not only are these great for a hike and enjoying the outdoors, they make for a deliciously easy lunchbox snack. With no nuts, they are a lunchbox friendly item that all can enjoy.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A very easy morning or afternoon tea snack that the kids can help make and then enjoy. The squares freeze and defrost well too, and with no nuts – great for lunchboxes!" - Rach
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes + 20 minutes setting time
Can be frozen
- figs - 375g, dried
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- cinnamon - 1 tsp, ground
- oats - 90g, rolled
- pepitas - 40g
- sunflower kernels - 40g
- chia seeds - 1 Tbsp
- sesame seeds - 1 Tbsp
- Add the dried figs (375g), vanilla extract (1 tsp) and cinnamon (1 tsp) to the bowl. Pulse Turbo / Closed Lid / 1 x 1 second blast. Repeat until a paste is formed. Note: you may wish to scrape down sides and process on Speed 10 if it is taking longer to form a paste.
- Add the rolled oats (90g), pepitas (40g), sunflower kernels (40g), chia seeds (1 Tbsp) and sesame seeds (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Process Speed 10 / 15 seconds, or until a dough is formed.
- Press into a square cake tin lined with baking paper. Press down to smooth out the top.
- Place into fridge to set.
- Cut into 20 small squares once firm and serve.