Fig and Ginger Jam
When figs are in season, it is the perfect time to make a delicious batch of fig jam. With a zing of ginger, this jam is delightful and could also make a special homemade gift. We have successfully halved this recipe, simply reduce the cooking time to 32 minutes and you are on your way!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A very delicious jam that is easy to make and tastes beautiful. Fig and ginger are a beautiful match." - Shannah
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 2 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Makes 4 standard jam jars
Cannot be frozen
- figs - 1kg, fresh, stalks removed and diced
- sugar - 400g
- lemon - 1, juice only
- ginger - 1 Tbsp, fresh, grated
- If you need to grate your ginger, add peeled ginger (approx. 10g) to the bowl and grate Speed 8 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Place the figs (1kg), sugar (400g), lemon juice (from 1 lemon) and ginger (1 Tbsp) into the bowl. Set internal steaming basket on top to prevent splatters. Program 40 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Pour into sterilised jars and vacuum seal.