You have got to try this dish, pronto! It is so incredibly tasty. You really cannot go wrong with this flavour combination. This one is for those who loved the old "packet pasta" mixes – this has a similar flavour, but it's much more delicious and leaves out the nasties.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This is amazing! Will be making this more often. The taste was sensational for something so easy to put together. What a great recipe!" - Tammy
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Variations: *Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 4 minutes
Cooking Time 16 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- bacon - 100g, rashers, roughly chopped
- onion - 1/2, peeled
- butter - 20g
- pasta - 150g, dried fettuccine, (*can use GF pasta)
- cream - 200g, pure
- mushrooms - 200g, thinly sliced
- Parmesan cheese - 60g, grated, plus extra to serve
- vegetable stock - 1 tsp, paste
- fresh parsley - 1 Tbsp, chopped, plus extra to serve
- If you need to grate your cheese, add cubed Parmesan cheese (60g, plus extra for serving) to the bowl and grate Speed 7 / 5-10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the chopped bacon (100g) and peeled onion (1/2) into bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the butter (20g) to the bowl. Program 4 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Speed 2. You can continue with the next step.
- Boil water to cook the pasta, then cook fettuccine (150g) according to packet directions. Once cooked, drain, reserving some of the cooking water. You can continue with the next step while the pasta is cooking.
- Add pure cream (200g) to bowl. Program 6 minutes / 90C / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Add the sliced mushrooms (200g), grated Parmesan cheese (60g), vegetable stock paste (1 tsp) and chopped parsley (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- Allow to stand before combining with the pasta. Add a little of the reserved pasta water if you need some extra liquid.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
Make your own!
* Make your own stock paste with the Odds and Ends Stock Paste recipe from The Make Your Own Bonus Issue.