- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Serving: Serves more than 10
Feta Walnut Pâté
This delicious spread has been shared with us by Tenina Holder from Cooking with Tenina. Easy in the extreme! Just throw everything in, whizz it up and you are done. Perfect for entertaining, as it is best made well in advance. A great option for vegetarian friends, but everyone will love it regardless. Pick up some nice feta from your local dairy cart.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I love recipes that say 'chuck everything in the bowl and blitz'. I also love recipes that can be made ahead of time, particularly when the taste develops over a couple of days. This is a win-win recipe in my book!" - Lou
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Makes 2 cups
Cannot be frozen
- walnuts - 200g, toasted
- feta cheese - 200g
- cream - 50g
- paprika - 1 tsp, smoked
- cayenne pepper - pinch, to taste
- dulse flakes - 2 Tbsp
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- olive oil - 30g extra virgin, plus extra to drizzle
- fresh oregano - 2-3 sprigs (or 1/2 tsp dried oregano)
- fresh parsley - small, handful
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- butter - 50g tin, beans, drained
- lime - 1, juice only
- Add the walnuts (200g), feta (200g), cream (50g), paprika (1 tsp), cayenne (pinch), dulse flakes (2 Tbsp), salt flakes (1 tsp), oil (30g), oregano (2-3 sprigs), parsley (small handful), garlic clove (1), drained tinned butter beans (50g) and lime juice (from 1 lime) to the bowl. Blend Speed 7 / 20 seconds. Scrape down sides. Repeat if necessary for your preferred consistency.
- Press the mixture into an airtight container, drizzle with additional oil and refrigerate for a few days so that the flavour develops.
- Serve with crudités, crackers or on toast.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites