Feta and Spinach Stuffed Sirloin Steaks and Spinach Salad
Impressive, scrumptious and prepared in less than 30 minutes! This is a real winner. The spinach salad is incredibly delicious on its own as well, so we think it will become a firm favourite for many.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “These stuffed steaks were very tender and tasty, and they combined well with the simple salad. Great for a BBQ." - Lesley
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 8-10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- sirloin steak - 4 x 3.5cm thick
- Feta and spinach filling:
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- feta cheese - 200g, firm, roughly broken up
- baby spinach - 40g, leaves
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked black
- lemon juice - 20g
- baby spinach - 60g, leaves
- feta cheese - 100g, marinated
- pine nuts - 3 Tbsp, toasted
- balsamic vinegar - drizzle
- Fire up the BBQ whilst preparing the food.
- You may wish to toast your pine nuts (3 Tbsp) in a dry frying pan over medium heat if they are not already toasted. Keep the pine nuts moving continually to avoid burning.
- Add the peeled garlic clove (1), firm feta cheese (200g), spinach leaves (40g), pepper (1/2 tsp) and lemon juice (20g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 6 seconds.
- Cut a pocket into each steak (4), ensuring not to completely cut them in half.
- Stuff each steak with some of the feta and spinach filling. Be sure not to over stuff or the filling will ooze out during the cooking process.
- Grill the steaks on a hot grill or BBQ for approximately 4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Add the spinach leaves (60g), marinated feta (100g), toasted pine nuts (3 Tbsp) and balsamic vinegar (drizzle) to a salad bowl. Mix to combine.
- Serve steaks with side salad.