Festive Cinnamon and Orange “Fudge”
Not everyone wants or likes the sweeter, more traditional fudge. This "fudge" is for those people! This is jam packed full of all the flavours of Christmas. Gift this fudge in a shallow gift box tied with ribbon.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "We loved this healthier version of fudge. What a combination of flavours! I can think of many GF/DF/EF friends who are going to love not missing out this festive season." - Sharree
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes plus 4 hours or overnight to set
Makes 20-25 squares
Can be frozen
- orange - 1, zest only
- sultanas - 90g
- dates - 60g, dried, pitted
- dried apricots - 30g
- macadamia nuts - 120g, raw, or cashew nuts
- cinnamon - 2 tsp, ground
- ginger - 1/2 tsp, ground
- nutmeg - 1/4 tsp, ground
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- Line a cake tin with baking paper.
- Add the orange zest (from 1 orange) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 30 seconds.
- Add the sultanas (90g), pitted dates (60g), apricots (30g), macadamia nuts (120g), ground cinnamon (2 tsp), ground ginger (1/2 tsp), ground nutmeg (1/4 tsp) and vanilla bean paste (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 10.
- Press the dough into the prepared tin and press down to form a smooth top.
- Place into the fridge to set.
- After a few hours, once firm, cut into 20 squares. Keep refrigerated until serving or gifting.