Faux White Chocolate
This recipe has been contributed by Fiona of Food 4 Thought. It’s the perfect end to a meal for those that love a bit of chocolate, but can’t partake in the eating of it! This recipe is simple, healthy, quick and can be changed to take on any flavour you like with the addition of oils.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 45 minutes
Makes 20-30 pieces
Can be frozen
- coconut - 250g, shredded
- maple syrup - 75g, or any other sweetener that you like
- sea salt - 1/8 tsp
- vanilla - 1 tsp, paste or extract, leave this out if using oils
- food grade wild orange essential oil - 5-6 drops, pure or therapeutic, e.g. lemon, peppermint, cinnamon, wild orange, lime or even lavender (optional)
- Add coconut (250g) to the bowl. Program 1:30 minutes / Speed 8.
- Scrape around the sides of the bowl and repeat if necessary, but only until mixture looks like it is starting to come together a little.
- When it gets to this stage, add maple syrup (75g), salt (1/8 tsp) and vanilla (1 tsp) OR oils (5-6 drops. Program 1 minute / Speed 6. Mixture should hold together when squeezed in your hand and should feel “wet”.
- Transfer mixture into another bowl with the spatula. This will help prevent possible injuries to your fingers from the blades.
- Press mixture into mould or tray firmly and freeze 30 minutes. If you don’t press into the moulds firmly it will just crumble.
- Once set, pop out of moulds and keep in an airtight container in the freezer until required.