A delicious and easy little recipe to whip up the next time you are heading out on a hike. They keep well and are incredibly delicious. Team these up with a big bottle of water to get you through the hike.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I love making energy balls, as they are so quick and also freeze really well (if they last long enough!)" - Aoife
No: Dairy / Egg
Contains: Gluten / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Can be frozen
- oats - 90g, rolled
- dates - 4, Medjool, pitted (approx. 65g prepared weight)
- chocolate chips - 50g, dark (*ensure DF if required)
- peanut butter - 70g, natural, crunchy
- honey - 40g, or maple syrup
- cinnamon - 1 tsp, ground
- Add the oats (90g), pitted dates (4), dark chocolate chips (50g), peanut butter (70g), honey (40g) and cinnamon (1 tsp) to the bowl. Combine Speed 10 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Combine Speed 8 / 20 seconds, or until a dough forms. If it is struggling to come together, add a splash of water.
- Remove from bowl and place mixture onto a plate.
- Roll mix into 20 balls.
- Place into the refrigerator until serving.