Endive Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
This simple salad is bursting with colour, flavour and healthy ingredients. It has been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra, from her book Quick Fix: Every Occasion. It's easy to assemble and works as a perfect side dish for your Vegetarian BBQ.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This dressing tastes great, and is a good option for other salads too!" - Penny
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Can not be frozen
- spring onion - 1, peeled
- mustard - 80g, Dijon
- honey - 40g
- mustard - 20g, wholegrain
- lemon - 1, juice only
- salt - to taste
- grapeseed oil - 100g
- endive - 1/2 bunch, curly, trimmed and roughly chopped
- grapefruits - 3, pink, peeled and thinly sliced into discs
- Weigh out grapeseed oil (100g) into a small bowl.
- To make honey mustard dressing, place spring onion (1) in the bowl and chop Speed 5 / 3 seconds.
- Add Dijon mustard (80g), honey (40g), wholegrain mustard (20g), lemon juice (from 1 lemon) and salt (to taste). Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- With blades continuing to run on Speed 4, slowly pour grapeseed oil (100g) through the hole in the lid, with the measuring cap in place. Continue to mix for a further Speed 4 / 30 seconds after oil has all been added. Transfer dressing to a small glass container with lid.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, toss endive and grapefruit with dressing and arrange on a serving platter.