A molee is an Indian-style dish that incorporates a number of delicious spices. Fish and chicken varieties are particularly popular. This egg version has been shared with us by Sophia Handschuh, the Thermomix Baking Blogger. It is a perfect way to use up leftover eggs, and it is a great recipe to 'set and forget'!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Easy recipe to follow, and tasty too! This yields very generous portions (we still enjoyed it with rice!) and leftovers reheat well the next day." - Rach
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Serves 2, or more if served with rice
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
internal steaming basket
- onion - 2, red, peeled and halved
- ginger - 30g, fresh, peeled, in 3cm chunks
- ghee - 30g
- star anise - 1 pod
- eggs - 6, boiled, peeled and left whole
- turmeric - 1 tsp
- chilli powder - 1 tsp, Kashmiri
- coconut milk - 400g tin
- sea salt - 1/2 tsp
- raw sugar - 1 tsp
- garam masala - 1/2 tsp
- fresh coriander - 10g, chopped
- naan - to serve, optional (*can omit or use GF)
- rice - to serve, optional
- Place the peeled and halved red onions (2) and peeled and chopped fresh ginger (30g) in the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the ghee (30g) and star anise pod (1) to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / 120C* / Speed 1.
- Add the whole peeled boiled eggs (6), turmeric (1 tsp), chilli powder (1 tsp), coconut milk (400g tin), sea salt (1/2 tsp), raw cane sugar (1 tsp) and garam masala (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Set the internal steaming basket on top of the lid to prevent spatters. Program 30 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with some fresh chopped coriander (10g) and naan bread or rice.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.
Make your own!
* Make your own garam masala with the Garam Masala recipe from The Spice Blends Bonus Issue.
* Make your own naan bread with the Naan Bread or Gluten Free Naan recipes from The Celebrations Issue or the Garlic Cheese Naan recipe from The Fake Out Issue.