Egg Free Pikelets
While you may be thinking that pikelets would completely fall apart without eggs, we have good news for you! The banana in these pikelets acts as a binder and means they can be prepared and enjoyed without an egg in sight. A great addition to an egg free packed lunch.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "So easy and tasty. A great snack that isn't full of sugar. Perfect for the kiddies." - Tamara
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Can be frozen
- bananas - 2, small ripe
- self raising flour - 240g (*can use GF)
- baking powder - 1 tsp (*ensure GF if required)
- milk of choice - 340g (*can use DF)
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp, finely ground, optional
- butter - melted, plus extra for greasing (*can use DF spread)
- If you wish to use your mixer to melt the butter, add butter (90g) to the bowl and program 3 minutes / 80C / Speed 2, and stop once melted. Set aside.
- Add the bananas (2), self raising flour (240g), baking powder (1 tsp), milk (340g), vanilla (1 tsp) and salt (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 20-30 seconds or until lump free.
- Add melted butter (90g) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 6 until just combined.
- Grease a frying pan and set it on medium heat. Place a small spoonful of the batter into a frying pan on medium heat. You can cook three to four pikelets at a time if your pan allows it.
- Once bubbles appear on the pikelet, flip over and cook for 30 seconds or until cooked through. Repeat for the remaining batter. You will get 18 from this batch.
- Allow to cool, then store in an airtight container in the fridge for four days.