Egg and Bacon Crêpe Cups
Confession: These were an experiment that worked so well they are now a regular breakfast recipe (and even dinner on occasion!) The beauty of them is that you can easily alter the flavours to suit your tastes. Fresh diced tomato and avocado over each cup adds a delicious freshness to the dish.
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Makes 6 crêpe cups, can be doubled or tripled
Can be frozen
- eggs - 6
- bacon - 3 slices of shortcut, sliced into thin strips
- onions - caramelised or Bacon Jam to serve
- fresh parsley - chopped to garnish
- oil - butter for greasing frying pan
- eggs - 2
- milk - 220g (*can use rice milk)
- plain flour - 80g (*can use GF)
- olive oil - 10g
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Put all the ingredients for the crêpes in the bowl. Eggs (2), milk (220g), flour (80g), olive oil (10g) and salt (1/2 tsp).
- Mix on Speed 5 / 30 seconds.
- Heat a small crêpe or pancake pan over low to medium heat.
- Place a little oil or butter in pan to grease.
- Pour in 1/6th of the batter in to the pan and smooth out to a thin batter.
- After one minute, flip the crêpe over and cook for another 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Repeat for all crepes.
- Once crêpes are cooked, push one crêpe into a high silicone muffin case (silicone will prevent any sticking).
- Crack an egg into each crepe and sprinkle each one with bacon.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until eggs are to your liking.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with caramelised onion or bacon jam.