Easy Zucchini and Cheese Bread
Delicious as it is, but absolutely fantastic when topped with ham, cheese and a flavoursome chutney. It is a great alternative to traditional bread for sandwiches, and the perfect way to use up zucchinis!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A quick and healthy snack that’s delicious!" - Ashlee
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 45 minutes
Makes 10 slices
Can be frozen
- zucchinis - 2, medium, roughly chopped
- salt - 1 tsp
- self raising flour - 270g
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- olive oil - 40g, plus extra for greasing
- eggs - 3
- milk - 40g
- cheese - 220g, grated
- fresh parsley - 3 Tbsp, chopped
- fresh basil - 3 Tbsp, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a loaf tin well with oil.
- If you need to grate your own cheese, add cubed cheese (220g) to the bowl and grate Speed 8 / 5-10 seconds. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Add the chopped zucchinis (2) and salt (1 tsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds.
- Remove the zucchini from the bowl. Place onto a thin muslin cloth and squeeze out any excess liquid. Add the zucchini back to the mixer bowl.
- Add the self raising flour (270g), baking powder (1 tsp), olive oil (40g), eggs (3), milk (40g), grated cheese (200g only), chopped parsley (3 Tbsp) and chopped basil (3 Tbsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 7 seconds, or until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and sprinkle with remaining cheese (20g).
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing into 10 slices.
- Wrap and place into the lunchbox.
Make your own!