Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Mug Cake
This is a sweet and nutty dessert that can be prepared in around 5 minutes. Not only is it vegan, but it's also gluten free AND free of refined sugars. It's really dense and delicious, like a pudding. Team up with a dollop of whipped coconut cream for a really indulgent dessert.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “For anyone out there like me with dietary intolerances, this one is a real treat. No eggs, dairy, grains BUT it feels like you are enjoying a delicious dessert and not missing out. This one is a real winner for me." - Terri
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 2 minutes
Cooking Time 2-4 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- sunflower kernels - 100g
- chia seeds - 20g
- peanut butter - 80g, crunchy, natural, unsalted
- maple syrup - 80g
- almond milk - 80g
- vanilla - 20g, extract
- baking powder - 1 tsp, (*ensure GF if required)
- salt flakes - 1/2 tsp
- xanthan gum - 1/4 tsp
- Add the sunflower kernels (100g) and chia seeds (20g) to the bowl. Grind Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- Add the crunchy peanut butter (80g), maple syrup (80g), almond milk (80g), vanilla extract (20g), baking powder (1 tsp), salt flakes (1/2 tsp) and xanthan gum (1/4 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Mix again Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Pour into 2 greased mugs so that they are filled to the halfway mark. Allow to sit for a minute to allow the chia seeds to act like an egg.
- Microwave on Medium (approx. 900W) for 3:30-4 minutes. Allow to sit for 2 minutes after cooking. Every microwave does vary so you may need to trial this recipe to get the right timing. Alternatively, you may wish to cook these in an oven preheated to 180C for 8-10 minutes.
- Best consumed immediately whilst still warm.