Easy Tuna and Lemon Spaghetti
Got a tin of tuna at the back of the cupboard? You can transform it into a delicious family friendly meal like this one, or the Asian Tuna Salad on the next page. This is the meal to make when you don't want to go to the shops, as chances are good that you have everything you need on hand. It's a quick and easy meal that's perfect for the summer months when you don't want to spend hours in the kitchen!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a beautiful light and fresh meal on a warm summer's night." - Kirsty
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Total Preparation Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- dried spaghetti - 300g, thin
- lemon - 2, peel, strips
- fresh parsley - 1/2, bunch
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- chilli - 1, mild, deseeded and roughly chopped
- olive oil - 40g
- tuna - 425g, tinned, in spring water, drained and flaked
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, cracked
- lemon juice - squeeze
- Cook spaghetti (300g) according to packet instructions. Drain once cooked and add to large serving bowl.
- Add lemon peel (2 strips) and parsley (1/2 bunch) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Add to the serving bowl.
- Add the onion (1), garlic cloves (3) and chilli (1) to bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (40g). Program 5 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Add to large mixing bowl along with tuna (425g tin), salt (1 tsp), pepper (1 tsp) and a squeeze of lemon juice. Stir to combine.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.