Easy Spinach and Cheese Pasta
This dish is super easy, and it can be ready in just 30 minutes using everyday ingredients. This pasta is a great one to have on regular rotation! You can also add some ham, bacon or cooked chicken along with extra veggies to bulk out the pasta.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Simple to make, extremely savoury and tasty, and you can scale up the recipe to make larger quantities." - Erika
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Can be frozen
- pasta - 400g, dry (*can use GF)
- Parmesan cheese - 30g, cubed, plus extra to serve
- onion - 1/2, peeled and halved
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- spinach - 30g, leaves
- oil - 10g
- cream - 300ml
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - to taste
- Alternate serving suggestions:
- cooked meat - chicken
- vegetables of choice
- Cook pasta (400g) according to packet directions. Drain, pour into insulated server and set aside.
- Add the cubed Parmesan cheese (30g) to the bowl. Blitz on Speed 8 until fine. Set aside.
- Add the peeled onion (1/2), peeled garlic clove (1) and spinach leaves (30g) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (10g) to the bowl. Program 4 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add the cream (300ml), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese (30g) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta and stir through.
- Allow to sit for a few minutes to thicken. The longer it sits, the thicker the sauce will get.
- Serve with a little extra Parmesan cheese over the top.