Easy Peasy Quiche
This is a great option for when the cupboards are bare. If your family enjoys this kind of meal, consider keeping some bacon rashers and cheese in the freezer so that you can throw this together at the last minute. We have used zucchini for this meal, but you could also add capsicum or spinach if your budget allows.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Easy to make! I also made it into cupcake size to freeze for lunches. I'll definitely be making it again. The ingredients are all staples in my cupboard / fridge / freezer so I don't need to actually go out and buy extra items." - Julie
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 40-50 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and roughly chopped
- bacon - 3, rashers, roughly chopped
- zucchini - 1, roughly chopped
- butter - 50g, melted (or oil)
- eggs - 4, large
- milk - 125g
- plain flour - 40g
- cheese - 100g, grated
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease quiche tin and place onto a baking tray.
- Place onion (1), bacon (3 rashers) and zucchini (1) into bowl. Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.Process further if you prefer finer pieces. If you prefer larger bacon pieces you can dice by hand and add to the next step.
- Add butter (50g), eggs (4), milk (125g), plain flour (40g), grated cheese (100g) and salt and pepper to taste into bowl. Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Carefully pour into quiche dish.
- Place tray with the quiche dish on top, into the oven. Bake for 40-50 minutes until set all the way through.
- Serve with salad or veggies for a complete meal.