Easy Orange Thins
I ummed and ahhed about including this recipe in the mag because it is so incredibly simple. But do you know what? Sometimes it is really nice to whip up something so incredibly simple that tastes so incredibly delicious. Keep a jar full of these in the fridge for those times unexpected guests drop in or when you want something sweet to go with your tea or coffee (or wine!) after dinner - Peta
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Setting Time 1 hours+
Makes approximately 30 chocolates depending on mould size
Can be frozen
- chocolate - 200g, dark, broken up into pieces (*can use a very dark dairy-free chocolate)
- food grade wild orange essential oil - a few drops, or essence
- orange - 1 tbsp, fine zest, optional
- Place dark chocolate (200g) in clean and dry bowl. Grate Speed 7 / 7 seconds. Scrape down the sides.
- Program 4 minutes / 50C / Speed 2-3.
- Add the orange oil (a few drops. Taste as you go) and orange zest (1 Tbsp) to melted chocolate. Speed 4 / 5 seconds to combine.
- Place a little of the melted chocolate into each mould with a small spoon.
- Bang the mould gently on the bench to help remove any air bubbles and allow the chocolate to settle. Place into the fridge to set.
- Once set, pop the chocolate out of the mould and place into a jar and store in the fridge for several weeks.
Note: if you prefer you can temper the chocolate. Our Easter bonus subscriber issue has a great tutorial on this! Add as much or as little oil or essence to suit your tastes. You can zest your orange peel in the thermo mixer, however, we prefer a very fine zest from a zester.