Easy Muesli Balls
These are so quick and easy and great to have in the fridge for a breakfast on the run. Grab a few from the fridge along with a yogurt and some fruit for a delicious quick breakfast. This recipe is very versatile and forgiving - change your fruits, add some protein powder, add extra spices. The choice is yours!
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes + a few hours to set
Serves 15 to 20 depending on size
Can be frozen
- muesli - 100g toasted (*can choose to use GF muesli)
- dates - 100g pitted Medjool, halved
- maple syrup - 1 Tbsp, optional
- coconut - cacao or chia seeds to coat balls in, optional
- Place muesli (100g), dates (100g) and maple syrup (if using, 1 Tbsp) into bowl.
- Program 1:30 minutes / Speed 9 until a paste-like consistency forms that can be rolled into balls. The longer you mix, the better it will come together.
- Roll half a tablespoon of mixture into a ball and roll in coating of your choice. Repeat for the remaining mixture.
- Place in the refrigerator to set.
- You can add a scoop of protein powder to this mixture if desired. You may just need to add a few drops of water to bring the mixture together in the last 30 seconds of mixing.
You can substitute the dates for 100g of any other dried fruit. Dried apple rings or dried apricots and peaches work really well.