Easy Mini Frittatas
How wonderful it is when you find a recipe that is simple to make, delicious to eat AND packed full of veggies! We think these Easy Mini Frittatas make a great breakfast on-the-go, but they are also great in a lunchbox or for a snack.
You can hear us talking about this recipe in Episode 29 of The 4 Blades podcast.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 25 minutes
- shallots - 1, or green onion
- capsicum - 200g, red, washed, deseeded and roughly chopped
- zucchini - 400g, washed and roughly chopped
- bacon - 300g, cooked first on the stovetop, or use ham
- spinach - 1 handful
- eggs - 10
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Add the shallot (1), chopped capsicum (200g) and chopped zucchini (400g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 4 / 3 seconds.
- Add the cooked bacon (300g) and spinach (1 handful) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 4 until broken up. Watch the mix so that it doesn’t turn to mush!
- Add the eggs (10) into the bowl. Add salt and pepper if desired. Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of mixture into each hole of a silicon cupcake tray. We oiled with coconut oil first. While the mixture STUCK to normal tins, it came out perfectly of the silicon baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Can be served warm, or also delicious cold.