Easy Mexican Beef
We all love ‘set and forget’ meals. Even better when the preparation is dead easy, as is the case with this Easy Mexican Beef! Full of flavour from common household ingredients like taco seasoning, tomato paste and mustard, you simply throw the ingredients in and let the beef cook away. After cooking for about an hour you use your mixer to shred the Mexican beef slightly, which gives it the best consistency for burritos and nachos. It’s a perfect beef recipe that you will come back to time and time again.
To hear more about this beef Thermomix recipe you can listen in to Episode 101 of the podcast: Thermomix Footy Food. You will hear about how we paired the Mexican Beef with Crispy Potato Bites to make… wait for it… “Potatchos”!!! As you can see in the picture above, it’s a match made in heaven and absolutely a dream meal for those that love something spicy.
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Total Preparation Time 1 hour 10 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 240g, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- butter - 10g (*use olive oil for DF)
- casserole beef - 600g, cubed
- taco seasoning - 10-30g (we used the recipe in the Make Your Own Subscriber-Only bonus issue)
- tomato paste - 100g
- mustard - 20g, Dijon
- Add onion (240g) and garlic cloves (3) to bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 1 second. Scrape down sides.
- Add butter (10g). Program 6 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap off.
- Add beef (600g) and taco seasoning (10-30g, depending on preferred heat level). Program 20 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- Add tomato paste (100g) and mustard (20g). Program 40 minutes / 90C / Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- Once cooked, take a look at the consistency of the beef. Shred slightly Speed 5 / 3 seconds if desired.
- Serve in burritos, or as an awesome nacho topping.