Easy Lime and Coconut Macaroons
A deliciously easy biscuit that can be whipped up in under 30 minutes and feed the family for a week. The addition of lime zest gives these cookies a great burst of flavour.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A few ingredients and a few minutes and you can have lovely chewy coconut macaroons. Great in kids' lunch or for a treat for afternoon tea." - Gail
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 10-12 minutes
Can be frozen
- lime - 1, zest and juice only
- condensed milk - 395g, sweetened
- desiccated coconut - 500g
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Add lime zest (from 1 lime), lime juice (from 1 lime), condensed milk (395g tin), coconut (500g) and vanilla (1 tsp) to the bowl. Combine Speed 6 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Mix again Speed 6 / 5 seconds until combined.
- Spoon mixture out onto a plate.
- Roll mixture into 30 walnut sized balls and place onto baking trays. Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from tray.