Easy Beef Stir Fry
Easy and delicious, fast and nutritious. This is a 30 minute meal that the whole family will love. The best bit? Unlike a traditional stir fry, you have got time when your mixer is cooking and your hands are free. We love using that hands-free time to give the kitchen a quick clean and get rid of some of those typical post-dinner chores!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I am not a fan of meat cooked in my mixer, but this was delicious! So quick and easy – on the table in 30 minutes! A great alternative to takeaway. The family loved it – this could become our new Sunday night favourite!" - Vicki
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Can be frozen
- steak of choice - 400g, cut into thin strips
- soy sauce - 50g, salt reduced (*ensure GF if required)
- oyster sauce - 50g (*ensure GF if required)
- onion - 1/2, peeled and cut into thin slices
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled and sliced
- oil - 30g
- water - 100g
- chow mein noodles - 350g
- water - boiling, to heat noodles
- carrot - 2, sliced thinly
- snow peas - 100g
- broccoli - 100g, florets
- Optional step if you have extra time on your hands: Place steak (400g), soy sauce (50g) and oyster sauce (50g) into a snap lock bag. Shake well and place into the fridge for 3-4 hours, or overnight. This isn't essential, but it will make the meat more flavoursome.
- Place the onion slices (from 1/2 onion), garlic clove slices (from 2 cloves) and oil (30g) into the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Boil water in your jug or kettle.
- Meanwhile, place the noodles (350g) into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover and set aside.
- Add the marinated steak and water (100g) to the mixer bowl. If you didn't marinate in Step 1, add the soy sauce (50g) and oyster sauce (50g) to the bowl as well.
- Place the carrot slices (from 2 carrots), snow peas (100g) and broccoli florets (100g) in the steaming attachment lower dish. Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 10 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Drain the noodles once heated through. Place into a large serving bowl.
- Add the meat, sauce and vegetables to the noodles. Mix to combine.