- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Serving: Serves 06-08
Dulse and Miso Soup
Miso soup is a staple when enjoying a Japanese meal, but here is a miso soup with a difference. It has been shared with us by Tenina Holder from Cooking with Tenina. It uses some ingredients that you may not find down at your local supermarket for a uniquely delicious result. Bonito flakes can be found at Asian grocery stores, and you can usually find dulse at your local health food shop.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A lovely light, healthy and nutritious meal alternative. Perfect when wanting something quick and easy." - Tracey
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 30 minutes, including vegetable prep
Cooking Time 16 minutes
Serves 6-8 as a starter
Cannot be frozen
- water - 1L
- miso paste - 75g (*ensure GF if required)
- bonito flakes - 15g
- dulse flakes - 20g
- carrots - 2-3, julienned
- green beans - 200g, sliced lengthways
- tofu - 200g, cubed
- spring onions - 2, sliced lengthways
- ginger - pickled, optional, to garnish
- shallots - crispy fried, optional, to garnish
- Add the water (1L), miso paste (75g), bonito flakes (15g) and dulse (20g) to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Add the carrots (2-3) and beans (200g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Add the tofu (200g) and spring onions (2) to the bowl.
- Allow the soup to sit and warm through for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve hot with garnishes of choice.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites