- Prep Time: 4h 00 min
- Serving: Serves 06-08
Dry Rub Thermomix Chicken Wings
Our Dry Rub Thermomix Chicken Wings are a delicious blend of spices, without all the sticky marinade that can often accompany chicken wings.
They are a great balance between spicy and mild. You can alter the cayenne in the recipe as you see fit.
We featured these chicken wings in Episode 72 of the podcast.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 4-6 hours
- chicken wings
- salt flakes - 2 teaspoons, reduce if using finely ground salt
- pepper - 1 teaspoon, cracked
- garlic powder - 1/2 teaspoon, or granules
- cumin - 1/2 teaspoon
- cayenne pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- paprika - 1/2 teaspoon
- dried basil - 1/2 teaspoon
- cornflour - 1 teaspoon
- water - 30g, room temperature
- Break the chicken wings up into three parts and discard wing tips.
- Add all the herbs and spices to a large zip bag and shake to mix
- Add wings to ziplock bag and shake to coat the wings
- Place water (30 g) and cornflour (1 tsp) into a glass and mix thoroughly.
- Pour cornflour mixture over wings in the ziplock bag, seal and ensure the wings are coated well with the cornflour mix and the herbs and spices.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Add 800g of water to the thermomix.
- Place wings into the lower dish of the Varoma.
- Program 30 minutes / Varoma / Speed 2.
- Once chicken wings have been steamed finish them by shallow frying for 2 minutes each side, air frying on 200 degrees for 10 minutes or oven bake on 220 degrees for 10 minutes or until crispy.
Already a member? Click here to login.