Dry Pancake Mix
This homemade dry pancake mix is so easy to create that you will wonder why you haven’t thought to whip it up sooner. You can make it ahead of your travels and take it with you on the road. If you aren’t taking your mixer with you, you can add the wet ingredients by hand and give a good shake in an airtight container with a screw top lid, or whisk by hand.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "School holidays and a rainy day with no snacks in the house. Morning tea was sorted in 10 minutes and 20 pancakes were devoured by my hungry clan in less than 5 minutes." - Brea
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 4 minutes
Makes 40 pancakes
Can be frozen
- Dry mix:
- plain flour - 800g
- baking powder - 50g
- salt - 1 Tbsp
- sugar - 120g
- vanilla bean powder - 1 Tbsp, optional
- To cook:
- milk - 200g, or more for your preferred texture
- egg - 1
- butter - 80g, melted, plus extra for greasing
- Add the flour (800g), baking powder (50g), salt (1 Tbsp), sugar (120g) and vanilla powder (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 8 / 5 seconds. At this point the dry mixture can be placed into an airtight container.
To cook the pancakes:
- If you need to melt your butter, add butter (80g) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 50C / Speed 3.
- Add 180g of the dry mixture to the bowl. Add milk (200g), egg (1) and melted butter (80g, if you haven't added it earlier). Mix Speed 5 / 6 seconds.
- Oil the BBQ grill and grease with a little butter. Place a heaped tablespoon of batter on the grill. Cook until slight bubbles form. Flip over and cook through.
- Serve warm.