- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- Serving: Serves more than 10
Domino Party Biscuits
This is a really fun shortbread to make with the family. The biscuit itself is crisp but still buttery and soft, just like shortbread should be! Toddlers will enjoy counting the chocolate drops before eating them. These are great for parties, or even for classroom presents at Christmastime.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Definite winner. An easy, fun and quick recipe to make with kids. The domino effect was a good way to test my 5 year old and her numbers." - Fiona
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 12-15 minutes
Makes 30+ biscuits (depending on size)
Can be frozen
You will need:
2 baking trays
small rectangle cutter
- butter - 250g
- sugar - 90g
- vanilla bean paste - 1/2 Tbsp, or less if you want a subtle taste
- rice flour - 100g
- plain flour - 300g, plus extra for dusting
- chocolate chips - small
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Add the butter (250g), sugar (90g), vanilla bean paste (1/2 Tbsp), rice flour (100g) and plain flour (300g) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 6 / 20 seconds.
- Program 1 minute / Closed Lid / Kneading Function or until a dough has slightly formed. It may take a little longer, depending on how cold your butter is. The longer you knead, the better it will come together. If it is too dry, add a few drops of milk or water to bring it together.
- Sprinkle the bench with some flour, then tip the dough out and slightly knead it.
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and leave in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to chill.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle 0.5-1cm in thickness.
- Using a small rectangle cutter the size of a matchbox, cut rectangles from the dough and place them onto the prepared trays. Consider the size of your choc chips when you are choosing the size of your rectangles.
- Gently make an indent with a knife in the centre of each biscuit to form two 'sides'.
- Press choc chips into each side in number patterns, just like toy dominoes.
- Place into the oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until cooked through and slightly golden.
- Allow to cool completely on the tray.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites